Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Nothing to Lose by Going to Toulouse (except Euros)

I thoroughly enjoyed my quickie trip to France. It took 1 bus and 3 trains to get there, but it was worth it. Not only was it gorgeous scenery the whole way there, I got tons of writing done - more than I've done here at Can Serrat! I think trains are good for me. I'll have to plan another trip somewhere while I'm here.
 The palace by daylight.


 1/2 carafe of cider, my favorite!

 Mimi shows off her plate of chocolate crepe. YUM.

Large doors in Toulouse. I made Mimi pose in front of one for perspective.

 Palace by night.

 Down by the water.

Self-portrait new hat. 


Every store in Toulouse was having a 50% off sale. What's a girl to do? Things would be marked down 50% and then when you took it to the register it would be another 30% off. This hat was under 10 dollars. 


It was fun using my French. Mimi is bilingual but when she left it was me and my French. I managed to tell a store clerk that I wasn't sure my credit card would work because they company thinks I'm in Spain when really I'm in France. (it worked) 


Too much bread in France. I'm packing on the pounds at an alarming rate. Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to up my use at the public pool.


3 trains and 1 bus later I'm back 'home', happy to see the mountains, the people, and of course the kitties.


Au revoir pour matainant.

No comments: