Monday, November 24, 2008

The Fidelity Files


Meet Jessica Brody, author of The Fidelity Files! Jessica graduated from Smith College w/ degrees in economics and French. A full time writer and producer, she lives in Los Angeles where she is currently working on her next novel.

Melissa: Which came first, the title or the novel?

Jessica: For me, it was the novel. When I first sold the book to St. Martin's it was called Cheating Hearths (which I now cringe at!) but my editors thought it sounded too romance novelish so we brainstormed and came up with The Fidelity Files, which I immediately loved.

M: Tell us about your latest release.

J: The Fidelity Files is the story of a beautiful L.A. woman who works as an undercover 'fidelity inspector,' hired by suspicious wives and girlfriends to test the faithfulness of the men in their lives. Except no one in her life knows what she does. Her friends and family all think she works for an investment bank.

M: What other art form inspires you as much as writing?

Before I started writing full time, I actually dabbled a bit in songwriting. One of my songs even won a songwriting competition. But I soon realized that I could only write song lyrics after I'd had my heart totally stomped on and destroyed by some dumb, stupid boy. Apparently, that was the outlet for my pain. And so once I found myself in a good relationship. the song lyrics stopped coming. I have to say, though, I don't really miss them!

No comments: