Thursday, November 13, 2008

Book suggestion


I have recently joined a group of authors who support and publicize each other. I'd like to introduce you to Kelly Parra, author of Invisible Touch.  Below, please find our five-question interview. 

Melissa: Which came first, the title or the novel?

Kelly: Definitely the novel. Even after I turned the book in, we hadn't agreed on a title. Finally my editor's assistant was going to a Genesis concert and Invisible Touch was suggested. My agent, editor, and myself agreed it was a different and a good title!

M: What other art form inspires you as much as writing?

K: Music. I used to never write to music, but once I started putting together my own playlist, the different beats would set my mood.

M: Which comes easier for you - beginnings or endings?

K: Beginnings. My first few chapters seem to spill out of me, and once I hit middle I begin to stall, and slow down at the end when I have to tie everything together.

M: What are you reading right now?

K: Salvation in Death by J.D. Robb

M: What's next for you?

K: I'm currently writing a sci-fi young adult novel, and its been really challenging. I'm learning a lot with creating a new world. 


No comments: