Saturday, October 11, 2008

Everybody's doing it...

Jen's blogging about india:  www.india3x.blogspot.com

Lisa's blogging about food: www.learningtoeatbook.com

And me? Being the private person I am, I'm still writing in a journal.  Sure, I have a website or two

But overall I keep my presence on the web on the DL.

Until now.

Connections Clark was a nickname given to me by my friend from college John Mancuso who laughed at the way I searched for connections between people. I did that at 18 and I still do it now. You could say I live for doing it.

And so I'd like to use this forum to connect people - to other people, to books, authors, recipes, music, good karaoke songs, restaurants, travel destinations, and on and on and on.

E.M. Forrester said "Only connect" and so I literally obey his command.


2 comments:

Jen said...

ooo i didnt' see that template! good job!! You can add a gadget so people can have an alert sent to their email when a new posting is posted

gteamhj said...

Hi Melissa! I just came from the Yolo United office in Davis after calling Colorado for 2 hours. I had some great conversations and we've culled the lists so I'm only talking to Dems or undecideds-- all of whom are voting for Obama. I've been registering students on campus 1 or 2 lunch-hours per week; we're up to 2,500! 1100 last week, 900 the week before, etc. Car pools are going to Reno every weekend; I'm trying to get Alan to see it as a possiblity for a "hot weekend in Reno." I was in Colorado for a wedding Oct. 4 and went to the U of C Boulder campus. Lots of registration activity and the kids were wearing "Vote, f*cker" buttons. The "us" was a star...You go, honey. Yes we can! Love, Lyra