Monday, July 15, 2013

Home Sweet Home

As much as I enjoyed my June residency in Portugal, it was also nice coming home. Isn't that the best sort of trip? I did experience some hijinx as I toted my newly purchased painting from Lisbon to Los Angeles. Let's just say the strap broke in Lisbon, so instead of being able to sling it over my shoulder, I had to carry the box, along with my luggage and carry-on bag. But that was the least of it. In New Jersey, where I had a layover, security decided it was in their best interest to swab the contents of the box and so they took their sweet time slicing open the container (I had about 7 minutes to catch my flight) and making sure I wasn't toting any contraband. Luckily, my flight was delayed about an hour. I didn't know this at the time, of course, causing all sorts of panic on my end.

Now that me, and my painting, are home, we are settling in nicely.

Here is a link to the artist's - Sally Stafford - website.

Sally Stafford

The painting, when I first laid eyes on it in Portugal

Sally and her beau Ben. And my belly.

So happy this is in my home!


No comments: