Friday, March 29, 2013

Thanks, and a Rose

The Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure was a fantastic experience. Below is the letter I sent all the donors. I will for sure be doing this annually:

Yesterday was the Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure, and thanks to you I contributed nearly $2,000.00 to the cause.

It was a beautiful day, a hilly course, a supportive atmosphere and a lot of fun. (Did you know ankles can hurt? They can! They do!)

There were thousands of people there. With so many people "leaning in" it felt very hopeful that a cure is imminent.

Afterwards, I attended a party at my friend Patreece's home. I've known Patreece since Kindergarden and when we reconnected at our elementary school reunion a few years ago, she'd been battling breast cancer. She is about to celebrate her 5-year mark from the day she was diagnosed - and is now cancer free. I just know how involved Miranda will be with this cause once she is done with her ordeal.

I have attached some pictures. Thanks, again, from the bottom of my heart.

xo

 At the finish line...

 Patreece and her mom doing the electric slide    

                                                                                                  Party food


I am now at my favorite tea house dealing with taxes, a freelance project, grades, essays, emails, travel plans and the like...

 Rose tea makes everything manageable...

Tea and computer...

No comments: