Monday, June 23, 2014

I Get Knocked Down, But I Get Up Again

For the past month I've been battling some sort of infection - worse than a cold but not as bad as a flu. It started with a few harmless sneezes and then morphed into an incessant, noisy cough followed by a 5-day sore throat, so bad it felt like I was swallowing glass. But yesterday - ahhh - yesterday - I awoke sans throat thing, after a round of antibiotics - the miracle of modern medicine. Today I even did an errand. I am so grateful for my general - and now restored - good health. Being sick feels absolutely crummy. I'm sure I picked this up on the plane flight home from Mexico. I even remember glaring at the lady who sneezed in my face without covering her mouth. Enough about her - and enough about ill health...

Next trip on the docket is to the Bay Area. This will be an eclectic trip and will include a dear friend's daughter's bat mitzvah, a visit to Petaluma and the Polly Klaas Foundation, a trip to SF to see friends and finally a jaunt down to Redwood City to visit another friend. I am looking forward to road tripping up there with my friend Erika. With our opposite lives on opposite coasts, the 5 1/2 hour drive will be a good, solid chunk of time to reunite.


No comments: