Saturday, March 22, 2014

Unusually Wonderful Pairings

1. Hard boiled eggs and a grater:

Lately, I've taken to shredding my hard boiled eggs. They make for a delicious topping over salads, toast and anything else that can use a crumbly, protein topping.



2. Gold glitter nail polish and my hand:

I've been channeling my inner 5-year old princess girlie side lately. Beyond being insanely into wearing pink, I've warmed to glittery, shimmery totally gaudy manicures.


3. Paul Simon and Sting:

What? WHAT? When I heard these two were touring together I hopped on tickets. Truly one of the best concerts I've been to. It was so good that it was almost too much goodness to bear, especially when these two duetted. 



4. Emerson College and modern architecture:

One of the things I loved most about attending Emerson College was attending classes in beautiful, old Back Bay buildings. Emerson's L.A. campus recently moved in to this startlingly, stunning contemporary building. 



5. And tonight, I'll be seeing trumpeter Hugh Masekela at Disney Hall. Another wonderfully unusual pairing.



No comments: