Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Some Writing/Teaching news...

I spent last Sunday night reading the terrifying, haunting, overwhelming "A Stolen Life" by Jaycee Dugard. Why did I read this cover to cover before going to bed? Um, not sure. The psychological enormity of the situation is beyond comprehension. Dugard proves to be an excellent writer - even her journal entries written at 11-years old show what a good writer she is.

Go to fullsize image

Speaking of writing, I am on a panel this weekend and then teaching a few classes here as well. I'm looking forward to a new crop of people and the yummy food and drink that accompanies these events!

In other writing news, my piece, tentatively titled, "Rachael Ray Saved my Life" will be included in an anthology titled, "The Dish: Making the Food that Makes Your Family," forthcoming from Shambhala Publications (Fall, 2012). My friend Lisa co-edited this anthology with Caroline Grant and the sale of this project earlier this week marks the end of a very long search for the right publisher and the beginning of an exciting new chapter for them. I couldn't be more thrilled for them!


No comments: