Friday, June 24, 2011

East Coast Trip, Summer '11

I just returned from the most wonderful trip to Boston and New York. Since I am still jet-lagged (why do I have such a dramatic reaction to 3-hour time differences?) I will save the stories for another time and just post some pictures. I am so grateful to the many friends with whom I stayed, and all the fun adventures. This trip had nature as its theme. To the left is a picture of the beautiful Fells, in Medford, MA. We went hiking there one afternoon.

Below, and having nothing to do with nature, is the luxurious condo building, The Charlesview. Why do I have a picture of this? Because it used to be my college dorm called "Fensgate." As my friend Noelle wrote, "If those condo owners only knew..."

I hadn't been to Boston in close to 19 years. So much has changed, yet so much has stayed the same. What a beautiful city. It felt like every building held a memory.

The Harvard Yard - still as gorgeous as ever. By the way, all these photos were taken on my cell phone. Not bad, right? Speaking of right, to the right is a picture of the High Line in New York. This elevated railway was converted to public gardens. I love how the flowers in this picture mimic the skyscrapers of NYC.
















After a few days in the city, running around like a crazy person, I went up to the Catskills where my friends own a home. Ah, finally, rest and relaxation.
Self-portrait: cocktail hour in Andes.


My four-legged boyfriend, Teddy. I love this dog so much that I'm seriously considering adopting a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. I know they are big but...

Trying to get boyfriend Teddy to pose for the camera (but he only has eyes for me).

I bounced home on one of the most turbulent flights I can remember. What was up in the atmosphere yesterday? Oh, sidebar, both pilots - going to and coming back from the East coast - were women! I know it's 2011 and I shouldn't be shocked that women fly planes, but c'mon, it was kind of cool.


No comments: