Sunday, July 25, 2010

Get Thee to the Bay Area


Last night I had the pleasure of seeing Hamlet at the Will Geer Theatricum Botanicum. If you live in L.A. and haven't yet been there, I urge you to go. It's like the Hollywood Bowl of Topanga Canyon, only it's mostly plays and much, much smaller (but just as cold when the sun goes down). The last time I'd seen Hamlet was the Kenneth Branagh movie in 1996. The story is so dense, the themes so timeless. Once you're old enough (and I am) you realize that the play is roadmap of life lessons. There are so many famous quotes from this play alone, from the infamous "To Be or Not To Be..." to "Get thee to a nunnery!" to "Something's rotten in Denmark."

Speaking of "roadmap" and "Life lessons", I am heading to the Bay Area tomorrow on what's probably going to be the most intense research trip of my life. I'll write more from up there, depending on how I process the whole thing. Thankfully my trip ends in Esalen where I'll be taking a weekend workshop: "Hands-on Energy Medicine." I'm assuming there will be lots of touching and perhaps even some healing. I'm looking forward to seeing old friends in SF and of course sitting in the hot tubs of Esalen.

More entries and photos to come... and I'll end this by saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! See you tonight at the surprise restaurant.

No comments: