Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fall in New York

Just returned from a wonderful, whirlwind trip to Manhattan, with side trips to Cos Cob, Connecticut and Andes in the Catskills

Instead of rambling on about the food, the friends, the fun, I'll just post some photos that capture the essence of the trip.

To the left: Self portrait of boots in Fall leaves.


Carved pumpkin totem pole in Connecticut:

Move over Sinatra, there's a new Frank in town. (Frank Webster belting out the standards at Friday night karaoke)

To the left: Jen Kagan dressed up for Halloween. Notice her sweet dog Mika holding the fake bloody hand. Her sign reads, "Yes, my dog bites."



Bunky, my back seat companion up to Andes in the Catskills. She was very Reba-esque (my sister's dog) but she drooled like a motherf*cker. Still, how can you resist that face?
John and Daryl's amazingly adorable blue house in the country.

Lisa and Jim's Halloween party at their fabulous country house. Jim had many costume changes during the night. Here he is some sort of swamp thing in a track suit sipping beer from a straw.
Daryl took me for a spin on his motorcycle. I squealed like a baby when he went over 40mph.



John and I preparing to pose for a picture.

Thank you to all my hosts and hostesses for such a wonderful vacation!


1 comment:

Daniela said...

LOVE THE PICS. I Feel I was there with you.
D
and lets make a plan for lunch..xoxo D