Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sexy Bare Chest

As a member of the Girlfriend Cyber Circuit, I have the pleasure of hosting author Judi Fennell. Her latest book, "In Over Her Head", splashed ashore on June 1st.


 

When Erica Peck, one terrified-of-the-ocean marina owner, finds herself at the bottom of the sea conversing with a Mer man named Reel, she thinks she's died and gone to her own version of Hell. When the Oceanic Council demands she and Reel retrieve a lost cache of diamonds from the resident sea monster in return for their lives, she knows she's died and gone to Hell.

       When they escape the monster and end up on a deserted island, she amends her opinion - she's died and gone to Heaven.

       But when Reel sacrifices himself to allow her to return to her world, she realizes that, Heaven or Hell, with Reel, she's In Over Her Head.


Which came first, the title or the novel? 

The novel. I think I wrote half the story before I got the title.


Which comes easier for you - beginnings or endings?

Beginnings, usually, although with one of the books, both weren't easy. Surprisingly, the middle part was the easiest, but In Over Her Head was definitely the beginning. I actually changed the ending from the original.

 

How many drafts until the final draft? 

No clue. I don't do straight through writing. I tend to backtrack then move forward. Sometimes I'll write scenes in advance that then change or are moved around by the time I finish it. I keep writing until it's done.

 

What are you reading right now? 

Fellow Casablanca Author, Linda Wisdom's Witches series.

 

What's next for you? 

I have two more stories coming out,Wild Blue Under in November and Catch of a Lifetime in February 2010 and am working on a proposal for more stories in the series.

2 comments:

Judi Fennell said...

Hi, Melissa! Thanks for having me!

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read that blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.