Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Phoenix has landed


New nephew Phoenix Miles Caloyeras was born on March 4 at 4:43am, weighing in at 9lbs 5oz. This kid is so unbelievably cute. He looks just like big brother Peter. (Photo credit: Sheila Clark)

In other news, I just found out I'll be teaching a course called Literature of Madness next fall. Sure, I proposed it, but it didn't occur to me that I actually had to create a syllabus. What do you think will be on the reading list? Would love some suggestions. I'm thinking J.D. Salinger, Plath, Gilman, etc. I might add myself to the list as my new novel is making me mad (in all definitions), but that's another post...

2 comments:

Rochelle Strauss said...

How about Confederacy of Dunces? That book...which you made me read...drove me MAD!! LOL

Charlotte said...

Let's see: Janet Frame, Keri Hulme, Jean Rhys (Wide Sargasso Sea would be fab), The Hours by Cunningham, DFW's "The Depressed Person" (although I don't know if I could teach it yet without weeping), The Golden Notebook is long, but you could do excerpts ... I'm sure I'll think of more. What fun! I do miss teaching, even as I don't miss the politics ...